Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cincinnati to Indian Creek

i packed my car and left cincinnati ... 20 some odd hours later we arrived in moab utah. home to arches national park and endless amounts of radical sandstone, moab is a desert lovers mecca.

the delicate arch is pretty amazing. this is a cheesy photo but the spot is unreal, as is all of arches park.

"hot wheels" a.k.a. my 1990 honda civic did just fine on the journey cross counrty, it's just too bad shes not any good for off road travel. see my vehicle just isn't what they you might call high clearance, but whatever. i make it.


in arches we had the itch to do some climbing so we hit up this tower known as owl rock. there is a fun route up the face of this beauty that is a pretty easy, funky 5.8. once on top the views of the la sal mountains, the pertrified sand dunes, balanced rock, all the crazy rock formations, it can get pretty overwhelming. so much to see and scamper around on.
oWL RocK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hooooooooot whooooooolater that night we met up with the grippa, colt, and kluh for some fun in indian creek. the shot above is g-gav getting down on the perfect hands of SuperCrack of the Desert a.k.a. Luxwery Liner.

more fun on superCRACK. becasue it is.
Grippa loving it...
Generic crack, so fun.

Grippa, gripped.
a shadowy self portait at the less popular angle for the delicate arch. can you see me?

2 comments:

  1. Jbizzle,
    What is up. The Journey is looking Grand my friend. I linked my blog to your blog so we could stay close in this crazy blogoshpere. Keep on keepin on brother. Check me out www.keeganrathkamp.blogspot.com .

    You da man!

    Keegan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok ok! The desert. I get it. I'm comin.

    ReplyDelete