Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Silverton, CO

Traveling is easy when your not missing out on pow at home. With that in mind we bailed in hope of finding better snow and maybe a fat ice flow. Our journey led us to the San Juan mountains in southwestern Colorado, to a town called Silverton. There, Tom and myself joined Yerman, an old college buddy from Cincinnati. Eventually we began the trek up to the backcountry ski hut we'd be staying at, making the final climb and approach by moonlight.
I was lucky enough to have use of Tom's camera out there. This is one of my favorite shots from the trip. Michael Yerman, city planner, backcountry skier, and chess master askin'; "What's your move?"

When I began to think about how to best describe all the radicalness that ensued over the next couple days I became overwhelmed. Nah, really I'm just lazy. We skied around, it was cool, you can imagine. This action shot of Yerman tells a nice story, enjoy...



No comments:

Post a Comment